Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Monday outfit for School...

I couldn't polyvore this outfit because I have no time on my hands (grades are due this week...), so I just had Jim take the pic so I could post it. This silk shirt is a gift from my dad's secretary at his job from a few years ago. She went to India (where she is from) and brought this back for me. HOW SWEET. :) I received a million compliments on this shirt all day Monday. The pants are J. Crew matchstick cords in citron. Here is the secret of the century...I never, ever thought pear shapes like me should wear straight-leg pants like this. Then I went to J. Crew and tried these on and they looked fantastic. They really look best with the flowy shirts and all, but the fact that I can wear these at all and not look like some sort of Super-Cow is a minor miracle. Either J. Crew matchstick cords are magic or I just lucked out and found the perfect pair of bright yellow pants. The shoes are these fantastic wedges from Nine West last winter. They are a beautiful creamy camel patent-leather and VERY comfortable.

I actually wore a bit more makeup than I normally do, and I think the kids at school liked it. I always hear them say, "Mrs. J, are you wearing makeup? 'Cause I like it..."

Hmm...

2 comments:

Deco Aurora said...

I know exactly what you mean, as far as the pear shapes go. I myself am a pear shape, size 10 and tried the skinny jeans look and didnt like it first. But it grew on me because it made my shoes really pop out. That made it more fun to get ready, thinking about shoes as an accesorie instead of just a thing on my foot. BTW I like the color of pants you're wearing. Its one of my fav versions of yellow.

dinagideon said...

I LOVE showing off my shoes. You know what a great day is? When a man compliments your shoes. Ha! :)

I bet you could still get the matchsticks in citron. I have a feeling only a few brave souls are willing to wear that bright of a color!