Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am a Big Fat Copycat!


You know it--I LOVE the Paris catalog from Fall 2007. I love it so much that I did a blog entry about it in February. You also know that I have promised to continue posting pictures from this catalog in the future. You also may know that I am obsessed especially with page 15 of the catalog, in which the ethereal Vanessa Lorenzo is wearing a red peacoat sweater, an ivory top, a double-strand frog necklace, a red wool hat, and tan cords.

I loved this image so much that I went out and tried to replicate it the best I could. So I own most of this outfit (top was sold out when I tried to buy it, and the cords are a wee bit different). I have been walking to school so much lately that I cannot wear this. Or should I say, I will not wear this...I do not want to ruin any of these pieces. By the way, the shoes are the Dandelion print flats from last January (2008). So since I drove today, out came the outfit. I get the silliest joy in my heart when I get to wear this to school. And I always get compliments...especially for the frog necklace and the hat!

Oh, and yes, goofy me is trying to tip my hat the way Vanessa did in her shot. Try not to end up on the floor 'cause you are laughing so hard. :) (Which I totally give you permission to do--I mean, if I can make fun of me, you certainly can...)


Here I am with said shot in my hands. Rex is so cute hugging my legs. :) I may not be in Paris, but I feel like I have a little slice of heaven right here on earth!


Here is a close-up of the pieces. You will also notice that I am wearing the orange cluster ring. I wanted to give it a whirl today. :)

By the way, I do this every so often...the whole take a look from the catalog and try to recreate it thing...more to come!

15 comments:

HeidiG said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! (ok, done shouting)

Good for you - you go for it, lady! You look absolutely fantastic, you big fat copycat. And it's not just the clothes - you look radiant, and just so happy in the pictures. And I adore the necklace.

You should make this your new profile picture!

dinagideon said...

HeidiG: You crack me up. I will definitely have to think about it (profile pic)! :) Isn't this necklace divine? I was so glad I bought it...and full price, too, but considering CW is going to inherit it, I am definitely okay with full price!

A said...

This is such a wonderful post. I love the outfit on you and the picture with your son is adorable! :) The catalogue was before my JC shopping days but thank you for sharing from it. I adore outfits like this - even a couple of years later, it still looks fresh and chic.

Marietta said...

You look fantastic!!!! You wear the clothes so well, and I love the cluster ring on you! :-)

Joyce said...

I needed this today! You look terrific! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Anonymous said...

I like the shot with your little boy. You can tell he loves his mommy very much! FYI: JJill sold a shirt that looks exactly like the JCrew one in 2006I have it in white and a spice color and I wear it with the same JCrew jacket you have on. My hat is a gray wool one from that same year though.

I never thought to put my hair up with that style of hat. (I do it all the time with baseball caps and hubby says I look cute.) How are you holding up your hair or how do you have it done under the cap? Thanks.

J.

Kat said...

This is so cute! I actually have that little sweater jacket and I love it so much. I've never thought to re-create the outfit though. Great job!

Anonymous said...

That look is great. I remember loving it when I saw it in the catalog and I love that you recreated it. I actually have cut out and saved my favorite looks from past catalogs (going back several years) but have not completely recreated an outfit. What you did is so cool and you look fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

LOVE IT! You look ADORABLE!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi--I've discovered you through JCA and am wondering if you could scan and post this catalog--please, please?! I would LOVE to see it. Thanks for considering! You look great.

sparrowsandsparkles said...

SUPER cute! I have that peacoat sweater (the Sophie, right?) in navy and have gotten so many compliments on it! Really great look.

dinagideon said...

A Bigger Closet: Thank you for the compliment...I definitely will be doing this sort of thing again, real soon, I hope!

Marietta: Thank you for your sweet words... :)

Joyce: You always bring a smile to my face, glad I can return the favor!

Anon at 4:10 pm: So you have tried the same look? Fun, isn't it? I actually was wearing my hair in a very low ponytail. It was easy enough to maintain at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day, I was sans ponytail...let my hair down. :)

Kat: Give it a shot...I bet you would have as much fun recreating it as I did...

Anon at 11:23 pm: My desire in this project was to feel good and know that others would enjoy it, too. I would love to know others are trying this type of fashion out themselves...it is a hoot!

FFM: Merci...glad you loved it!

Anon at 1:14 pm: You will be pleased to know that you can look back at my older posts and have access to at least six pics. I did the post in early-mid February and it is called "My Obsession--The Paris Catalog" or something like that. If you click on the tag for this post (at the bottom of the post) for Paris Catalog, it should pull up that post...by the way, more will be coming...slowly but surely!

sparrowsandsparkles: It is the sophie...good eye! I saw the navy before I saw the roasted pepper, but when I saw gorgeous Vanessa L. modelling it in the catalog, I was done for...it was roasted pepper all the way! ;)

Slastena said...

What can I say? You look-tres chic! And I just spotted my beloved frog necklace on you. I swear, we have so many common pieces. The hat looks darling on you!

dinagideon said...

Slastena: You have the frog necklace, too? Wow. We do have a lot of pieces in common.

I feel so fortunate to have been able to pick this necklace up. J. Crew jewelry haters...listen up...that frog necklace is amazing and will be part of my daughter's jewelry collection. I have no doubt this may be the finest piece they have ever created...and I am sure everyone who owns the necklace would 100% agree with me.

:) Okay...now everyone gets it.

BTW, Slastena, you need to wear the necklace soon...I know your blog followers would love to see it on you!

Emily said...

I don't know why I didn't leave you a comment about this look the other day but all I have to say is that it is so adorable! I LOVE IT!