Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Merino Wave and French Tee Casual Chic!


I actually wore this outfit yesterday, March 9, 2009. I wanted to wear something comfortable, but not be too casual. I walked home yesterday so I knew that I couldn't be too dressy...so this was my compromise.

The pieces are all J. Crew, except the watch, which is Fossil (I love Fossil watches). The tee is the French Sardine Tee from last summer (2008), the pants are the madison stretch chinos in stone (and in a size 12...way too big now...let's all say it...RETIREMENT) from winter 2007, the shoes are the perfect-patent flats in buttercup (very cushioned compared to other J. Crew flats) from last fall (2008), and the cardigan is the Merino Wave cardigan from last fall (2008).

The link to the polyvore is here: http://www.polyvore.com/merino_wave_plus_french_tee...casual/set?.mid=ecard&id=7097420



Here it is on me with the cardigan. Oh, and those pants were already way too low on my hips, I had to keep hitching them up all day long!

I neglected to mention this, but the bracelet is the sunset charm bracelet and not the one pictured in the polyvore. This bracelet I am wearing is from last year (2008).


I love this tee. It does a have a gold sardine on it, but what can I say, playful and not too serious. The kids I teach love this shirt! :)

11 comments:

Emily said...

So cute! I love that you paired the tee with the cardigan and the yellow flats!

HeidiG said...

Love the tee! Cute outfit!!

KatyO. said...

You look fabulous! Your weight loss definitely shows! :)

Beth said...

Darn it! I should have bought that cardigan!! It looks great on you. I knew I would want it later!!

ashley said...

Dina,
You look great! Get rid of the pants! WOOOOO! I love the pop of color with the shoes. The whole outfit is fun! I'd especially love to steal that cardigan from you!

Slastena said...

Dina- how pretty! I absolutely love everythung on you! I spotted sunset charm bracelet on you again- gorgeous. I have a pic of it on Polyvore if you want to use it in your sets.

http://www.polyvore.com/women_bracelets_sunset_charm_bracelet/thing?id=2346974

Anonymous said...

Dang...now wish I'd bought that sweater too! It's funny, this happens to me all the time--I pass up on a JCrew sale item, congratulating myself for not buying something I don't really need, then kick myself later when I see someone wearing it and how it really helps pull together an outfit,lol!

Soo cute on you, very spring-like!

Kat said...

You are TINY in this picture! I actually went back to some of your older posts and did a comparison, and you have certainly lost a ton of weight! All that walking is doing wonders. Keep up the good work :)

Amy said...

^I agree- you look great. Such an inspiration! :)

Love the cardigan!

dinagideon said...

Emily, HeidiG, KatyO., Kat, and Amy: You all are so sweet. Your compliments have made me smile...you have no idea how much I appreciate it! :)

Ashley and Francesca: I love this cardigan. I actually bought it on ebay for around 50 dollars, and it has proved to be worth every penny. I wonder if there are any left on ebay? The reason I love it so much? The versatility is crazy good...goes with so many things! Thank you again for coming on by and spending some time here...

Slastena: THANK YOU! I will go upload that item to my items. I love the bracelet and want to use it in my sets. I love polyvore but I am no good at finding things with their seach feature...I think I will get better with time, but for now, I have to depend on others!!! ;)

dinagideon said...

Oh, and btw, Beth!!! I am eagerly anticipating your next Smart Mommy tip!!! ;)