Thursday, August 13, 2009

Okay, I had to do it...This Blog is NOT Your VERBAL TRASHCAN!


They need me to be my best...and I am not my best when I am sad...

I was the free-est of free in regards to comments. I never said "no" to anonymous comments because I have learned a lot through all comments, not just from my "blog friends."

But I received a fairly mean-spirited comment tonight which makes me want to stop blogging all together. (And it takes a lot to get me riled up.)

I did NOT start this blog at all to pretend I was anything other than me. I am not fashion-forward. I am in love with clothes, but I don't ever think the clothing I love is the epitome of fashionable. For crying out loud, I actually adore some of those amazingly outrageous Partridge Family prints from the 1970s. I know those are nowhere near fashionable.

I also accept that what I wear on my body may not suit me most days, but I am trying.

This blog was started to be a blog about what I have in OVERABUNDANCE in my life right now. Most days, that is whatever clothing concoction I have come up with...good, okay, or even (and I have laughed at myself for some of these) bad.

I think I need to take a break. If I come back, I think I will slowly get back into posting what I wear again. (And I think, no I know, I had some that actually looked really nice on me...and may have actually benefited some of you.)

I will most likely come back...but I will start small, blogging about mid-century architecture, my beautiful kids, my love of my life as a stay-at-home mom.

I do not want to be sad. My kids need the best mom I can be, and the best mom I can be is one who takes a break when she needs to...and that is starting right now.

P.S.: I have a new opener for the comments section...I think it is appropriate and plenty polite. It is below...

Hi. I LOVE almost all comments. Every once in a very long while, I will see a comment on here that is just mean. These mean comments I do not love. I always respond quickly and with as much tolerance as I can manage when faced with truly awful, ignorant comments. I do this so I can discourage others from treating my blog as their "verbal trash can." For all of you who leave sweet, kind, and constructively (yet well-mannered) criticisms, thank you. I always try my best to respond to your awesome thoughts when I get enough time to give my best back to you.Oh, and my number one blog rule: My Blog, My Rules. That simple...

P.P.S.: I have turned OFF the comments for this section. I do not need the heartache of mean-spirited comments on this post.

P.P.P.S.: I am still allowing anon. comments...because 98% of you anon commenters are awesome.