Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quick and Easy Mini-Review of the Sequin Tiered Ruffle Tissue Tank...

Hi, and hello! Sorry for the time away. As some of you know, I published a post over at Mid-Century Mom this weekend, but that is not my whole reason for being away. We are getting ready for Thanksgiving here in our household, and between packing to go see relatives (I spend way too much time at polyvore creating sets--God bless you, creators of polyvore, you have an activity I can do while nursing--and this has made my packing WAY easier), looking up recipes I may want to make while down there, and taking care of my ever-restless children, blogging has taken a backseat.

I did decide to try and be a bit more up-to-date with this post. We took these pics last night for two reasons...one, I wanted to see if this outfit would work while down visiting his relatives, and two, I wanted to review it for you all.

As far as I can tell, there haven't been a ton of reviews of this tank because it is very similar to the rolling ruffles tank, seen on me here, but it does have more bling, AND I took a smaller size, so I feel this tank needs a separate review.

CDP did a mini-review of it in one of her polyvores.


Yes, I am barefoot (but not pregnant). :) This is the tank under the very gorgeous evening primrose cardi. I like the way the whole outfit looks. The pants are surplus chinos in grey (am I the only person who has to size up in these?). I am planning on wearing the outfit with a pair of low-heeled mary janes in black.

So, the tank. I ordered an extra-small, which is one size smaller than the rolling ruffles I bought over the summer. I am glad I did. The extra-small is short enough on the body that it doesn't come to my mid- or low-hip which means that I don't have to wear a larger size to make up for my larger than average hip size. This hits at the high hip, which for my body type, is perfection. Plus, with the ruffles, I DO NOT need extra emphasis on my lower half. (But I do need it on my upper-half, haha.)

I purchased it when they were having the special pricing over the weekend of $39.50. I had free shipping in my account, so I just paid the taxes and it came straight to my door. AWESOME for us stay-at-home mom types. I decided on this mid-grey color because I have a lighter rolling ruffles (champagne) and a darker rolling ruffles (charcoal) already, and feel they are such good layering pieces that I could definitely make use of one more. Plus, this one has sequins. SEQUINS. I normally detest sequins because they make me over-OCD...in other words, I have to make sure all the sequins line up exactly with the one next to it, and it drives me crazy to wear sequins because that is all I can think about when wearing them, "Are they even with each other?" But this only has a smattering of sequins which make them so lovely, and they are placed in such a way that I don't need to worry if they all line up.


And here is a close-up of the ruffles and the sequins. I probably will not wear this tank on its own. I feel like it is a bit untethered by itself and can look kinda funky. Mr. Dina doesn't even like the tank under the cardi, so he would probably have a cardiac arrest if I wore it by itself. ;) I know...men.

You can find the loveliness here...and at the 20% off till midnight (TONIGHT 11/18/2009), it is still only $39.50!

19 comments:

Ema said...

Very cute outfit, the tank in this color/size is very flattering on you (and I love it under the primrose cardigan, sorry Mr. Dina). I won't buy this one because I have already the one from the spring and if I had to buy another ruffled tank, I would probably get the tango one (very flattering, did you try it?) which is a little bit different ...

Anonymous said...

Thats a lovely tank! I like how you styled it.. I'm gonna check it out in store this weekend :-)

MMM said...

You look just lovely Dina!! I soooo wanted to order this tank but I already have the Rolling Ruffles Tank in this slate color so I figured I better not! :-/ Oh well! I do have this Primrose Cardi though so I will substitute my slate RR tank to recreate this look!! ;)

Thanks for sharing! I always LOVE the outfit ideas that you put together! :D

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Jayna Wallace said...

Very cute ensemble! It'll be so pretty for a Thanksgiving gather - and comfortable! That's always so important when you're going to be sitting around someone's house for hours on end (esp. after a particularly insanely large meal!) You look simply fabulous!

Jenni said...

I like the tank and the cardi; very cute and very chic!!

Anonymous said...

Dina, it looks great on you! I also have the rolling ruffles in charcoal, as well as white, which is why I went with the grey in this sequin tank. I love it with navy too.... Thanks for the review =)

A said...

I love this outfit on you Dina! It's so, so cute. Like MMM though, I have the RR cardi in the dark grey so will duplicate this look with it...thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Summerilla said...

I have been debating this tank. I've had it in my cart the last 2 orders and then at the last minute I keep removing it. I'm so drawn to it but just can't pull the trigger. I hope they get this in stores or I'll make a trip to your house because I'd really like to see it in person!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

You look great Dina! I also ordered this tank and absolutely LOVE it! I got all 3 colors to see IRL but like the Ivory and Black on me best. I think the fit on this one is the most flattering out of all the ruffle tanks personally. :)

Pamela said...

I agree with FFM, I think this tank is a much better fit than the rolling ruffles. I ordered it in ivory and LOVE it. And it's not sequin overload, just enough to give it some sparkle.

HeidiG said...

Fun outfit. Love the tank on you. I may have to consider this one in the ivory or black since i have the Tango in gray. Thanks for posting!!

(barefoot...hehehehe)

L said...

Cute outfit! I haven't ventured into the ruffles yet, but you've inspired.
So I have a Boden question, and I thought you might know...when do they usually put the winter stuff on sale? Thanks!

Tippy said...

hi dina! i have pictures of the cotton victoria on my blog but i'm wearing it underneath cardigans so it may be hard to see. the ruffles don't stand up as much as the original victoria because of the material but the shirt itself is very comfy and versatile! for $39.50 i think its worth a shot :)

HeidiG said...

dina - to piggy-back on tres tippy's comment - I tried on the cotton Victoria - you should definitely get it or at least try ti - perfect for pear shapes b/c it cuts in so much at the shoulder. :)

Patina said...

it looks lovely on you dina and goes so well with the evening primrose cardigan. i can kick myself for not getting the cardigan. have a great weekend

dinagideon said...

Hi, everyone!

Ema: I have seen the tango and I think it is very flattering...on everyone but me! :) I think it is a touch too long on me, and its extra length makes my hips seem way wider in proportion to my waist. If you do get it, I really want to see it on you!!

missmasala: Did you get a chance to check it out??? I saw a whole bunch over at Pentagon City, and I almost tried on the white one...

MMM: If I had that color rolling ruffles I would have also not gotten this! I totally think the tank you have is going to look great under the cardi...it is hard to tell from the pics, but there is a lot of that mid-grey in the cardigan! You are going to look so nice... :)

Stylestance: Thank you!!! :)

Ratsonparade: This will probably be my black Friday outfit. I am going to attempt to make part of the T'giving meal in my full-on mid-century mom gear, so I probably won't get too casual on the actual day! But as soon as I can veg out, you bet I will!

Jenni: Thanks! I will be publishing my polyvore travelling sets from Mississippi fairly soon, which will include this outfit!

dinagideon said...

CDP: Great minds and all, right? ;)

A Bigger Closet: Thank YOU for all the cool outfit inspirations you have given me over the past year!!!

Summerilla: You are welcome here ANYTIME! Definitely (if you pull the trigger) get the xx-small. I really like the fit on the x-small, and since you are tad smaller in the upper body than me, go one size smaller. I don't know what is going on but I am continually wearing much smaller sizes in J. Crew. I know I have lost weight, but some of my size 8s from last year aren't THAT baggy, but an 8 now (or medium) in their tops are SO big on me!

FFM: I agree. I love the shaping and the sequins. Definitely a homerum for J. Crew! Do you have any polyvore sets? I would love to see what you created!

Pamela: I think the ivory is SO pretty...was this close to getting it instead of the grey, but I have lighter tanks so this color made the most sense value-wise!!! I also agree, not too much on the bling...just the right amount!

dinagideon said...

HeidiG.: Oooh, yes. I can so see you in the black version with a sleek black skirt and a wrap. :) Very nice.

L.: Thank you!!! In regards to Boden, I answered your question in today's post (outfits from my bahama trip--11/22/2009). Quick answer--probably mid-January???

Tres Tippy: I took the PLUNGE!!! I bought it in the navy! I bought a whole outfit, in fact. I paired the navy victoria with a cinnamon colored v-neck cambridge cable sweater, and the black resin wash toothpick jeans. It looks great together, oddly enough. I plan on wearing the outfit to sub tomorrow!!! Thank you for the info, btw!

HeidiG.: Thank you! I did take the plunge. I may only get the navy, but it is a very cute top!

Patina: Do I hear the beautiful song of ebay calling your name??? ;)