Wednesday, March 31, 2010

For Those That Are Curious: An IRL Photo of the Pima Cotton Agadir Top.


I purchased a size small and from what you can see from the photo above, it is a bit loose, and a bit wide, and a bit long, but I like this top for the simple reason that I feel like I am just a bit more dressy when I wear it (and I only ever wear it at home). I think I would have normally still been in my pjs on the day this photo was taken, but decided "nah, let's wear something so that if the UPS guy comes to the door, he won't have to avert his eyes if he sees me in it." So I put on this top, with its darling neon-threaded button-holes, and a pair of my navy minnies (super-duper comfortable--yet more chic than my flannel loose fit pj pants), and because it was a touch cold that day (probably early March), I threw on my shearling lined slippers (yes, they are nice and toasty).

I could have gotten away with a size extra-small, it would have been more fitted in the shoulders and through the waist, and definitely shorter, but I am okay with the size I got...I guess it is all about what you want from this top. If you want a loose, fun top to be a SAHM in, then maybe buy your normal size and enjoy the slouchy fit. If you are looking to wear this to work or to go out with friends, get it a size smaller and cinch it with a belt or tuck it into a pencil skirt.

I hope that helped some of you.

Catch out more opinions and reviews at the mothership: J.Crew Aficionada: Product Review: Pima Cotton Agadir Top.