Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dot to Dot.

A funk has settled over the DC area in the form of constant drizzle, cold temps, and grey skies. Blegh. Double freaking blegh. It is only October 2! 48 degrees is wrong.

Anyhow, whining over. Just had to get that out.

Okay, so I am going to show off two outfits back from when sunny and 80s was the norm, which also happen to feature polka dotted skirts. I actually never owned any polka dotted skirts until this summer, but they are so cute that I am glad that I have these now. I definitely will not be getting any more dotted skirts, that would be superfluous (lol, two is probably superfluous).

Top: Anthropologie Strewn Leaves Top.
Skirt: J. Crew Factory Navy Blue Polka Dot A-Line Skirt.  It came as part of a three part lot that also was selling the ischia skirt that I wore here.  I thought I might consign this one, but after trying it on, I knew it was a keeper.
Belt: Two Tone Soft Leather Obi Belt, Warehouse (a UK shop).  I bought this on a complete whim to work with this skirt (I actually haven't worn it that way yet, but plan to this winter for some party or another).
Shoes: Japanese Wooden Sandals with Striped Straps.  I love these and typically wear them only in the house (yes, they are my "house" shoes), but for certain outfits, I let them come out and play.

This pic and the next were me having fun with posing and/or playing with picnik.  Really fluffy stuff, but you can see how the patterns work well together here, and...

how the skirt is truly a great shape, for any body.

Dot, Leaves, Love.

Above is the polyvore.  I couldn't find my shoes in the polyvore items, they're there, but the slight sheen from the constant rain is making me lazy and full of ennui.  It doesn't matter, the Boden sandals would look cute with this outfit, too!

Skirt: J. Crew Bright Green with Contrast Navy Blue Ribbon Hem.  I saw this is a catalog and since it was so old school J. Crew, I knew I would have to search ebay.  Sadly a really great priced one got away from me because I waited far too long to buy it now, but a month or so later, this one came up for around $20, and I definitely didn't hesitate.  It was smoky smelling (ergh, please smokers, WASH your clothes before you mail them, can't believe I have to make that PSA), but after one wash it was fine.
Top:  boden Merino V-Neck Sweater in Navy Blue.  I bought this on a whim years ago and find I wear it more than I ever expected to.  Boden does merino wool well, always thick, soft, and in wonderful colors.
Shoes: J. Crew Phoebe Peep Toe Flats in Denim with a cute beaded tassel. 
Sunglasses: Thierry Lasry Sexxxy.  I still shudder every time I write that name down here in this blog (come on, the word sexy with three x's, yeah okay...).  I am bringing these to France with me.  They tend to slip on my face when I get hot (they don't have nose grips).  My hope is that by the time we go to France, the weather will be cool enough that I don't have to look uncool constantly pushing them up...unless someone has another idea for me?  Any thoughts on this sunglasses mission of mine?

Above is the catalog image that helped me fall in LUURRRVVVE with this skirt. 

Okay, that is all.  I am sub swim coaching tonight.  Yes, I realize that this is not the night to go out and dip my toes in the H2O.  You all better believe I am really not looking forward to it.

P.S. Sunny Pollyanna Dina should be in the house tomorrow.  I make no promises if the weather stays like this any longer, though...