Thursday, January 19, 2012

On "Target" with Maternity Stripes.

Oh, man.  I couldn't stop myself with that title.  LOL.  Most of you pregnant ladies (or have been pregnant ladies) will know this, but for those of you not aware...besides supplying the United States with easily accessible cheap fashion (Missoni, Liberty of London, etc.), really cheap and cute children's clothing (Circo, Gwen Stefani's new line, etc.), and endless supplies of groceries and adorable homewares that break after a season, Target also supplies pregnant ladies with their own line of clothing, Liz Lange for Target. 

So get it?  On "Target?"  Okay, I'll stop now.

Anyhow, I loved this outfit and plan to exactly replicate it at least once more this pregnancy and then, even though (God willing!) I will have a smaller torso and belly area, I will totally do the look again after pregnancy with the sweater as a tunic.  That is how much I heart this striped sweater/free French scarf/Hue leggings/Target Ballet flats combo.

I was doing the preschool run last week and had bought the sweater as a way of perking myself up (Target is really good at perking me up, anyone else?)...by the end of the trip I felt yards better.

I knew it was true love because the next time I went to preschool I wore the sweater, a mere two days later.  (I rarely let anything I really love wait that long to be worn...)

Anyhow, the sweater does have stripes and as Mr. Dina so kindly pointed out, "it makes you look REALLY pregnant," in the end, I am REALLY pregnant, so happily me and my ginormous Gus belly made our way through the day.

Sweater: Liz Lange for Target, Size Small.  Liz Lange for Target can run big, so definitely try it on before purchasing if you can.  This is one of the few tops I own from her line that isn't an x-small.

Leggings: Hue, Size Medium (I think?).  Bought from Anthro, these are just a nice staple to have.  These seem pretty big as I could hitch them up over my belly, which I can't do with my other leggings (I have to wear them below the belly).

Scarf: Gotta Love The European Magazine Freebie Giveaway...Lolita Lempicka Poly Square Scarf.  A score that I found in the November issue of French Marie Claire.  CW has actually worn it too.  :)

Back when, way back when, in the late '90s, this style scarf was all the rage and I still have all my small square scarves from then...I would really like this style to make a comeback, love the look and instantly dresses an outfit up.  I like big scarves, but wow, they are a tad overwhelming with some outfits.  This one was the exact right size for this look.

Shoes: Mossimo Venda Flats, Size 9.5.  Adorable shoes that "spoke" to me on the day of the sad preschool run/ Target makes me happy day.  They were $25, but I had a $25 gift card (thanks, Dad!), so they were FREE!  LOL.

Close-up of the scarf and sweater.

Oh, yeah.  Definitely the stripes enhance the baby belly.  But look at the cute embellishments on the Venda flats.  Darling!

A Target Striped Score!

Above is the polyvore.  :)

You all have a great night.  This momma-to-be has some 30 Rock to enjoy.  Yay DVR.