Wednesday, May 30, 2012

J. Crew OOTD: Villa Dress in Stripe IRL.

So the wonderful Alexis from J. Crew Aficionada decided to do a review of the Villa Dress in stripe today over at her blog, and she kindly included my original review of the Villa Dress in her review, which got me thinking...

"Hey, I may be on vacation, but I have a few spare moments while the kids take their (much deserved and much needed) naps to put some IRL photos of this dress in action from last weekend."

So that is what I am doing.  Don't worry, I have had PLENTY of sun and sand and ocean water--YUM, Miami's South Beach, thank you so much--but it is nice to sit in the AC filled art deco lobby of our hotel and just chill. the. funk. out. with some free wifi and a quickie outfit of the day post.

Last Sunday technically started with church (with my bro and Angus), after which we went to the Silver Diner in Arlington to meet up with my dad, stepmom, grandpa, and stepgrandma.  My grandparents were in town from Poland to visit and meet Gus for the first time.  :)  (I have pics of that I will share later.)

Then, after breakfast at Silver Diner, I dropped my bro off at home, went to my house with Angus, where a good friend of ours, Sarah (who happens to also be a blog friend--her blog is called City Satiety) was going to meet us to hang out and go out to lunch at a local Indian restaurant. 

I, of course, was way too full to eat much, but I did grab at least a little mutter paneer and naan to help tide me over till dinner.

Mr. Dina grabbed this shot of me and Sarah after lunch was done.  We have known Sarah for A LONG LONG time, in fact right after Mr. Dina and I got married.  Poor Sarah had to work with Mr. Dina for a few years and had to look at his white tennis shoes every. single. day.  In honor of her coming to see us, Mr. Dina put on some cool kicks instead, a pair of navy converse tennis shoes.  (Can only expect him to change just so much.)  :)

After we got home, Mr. Dina took Rex and CW to a movie, and Sarah headed home.  Then I was *supposed* to hang out with Angus and do nothing.  I did no such thing...instead I got a virus, oh happy day.  I spent the whole next twenty four hours in the bathroom.  Oh, the gastrointestinal distress...

At least I felt like my outfit was cute that day and I got to see a whole bunch of awesome people (WHO I REALLY REALLY HOPE I DIDN'T GET SICK).

I added a cardigan to my dress for church.  I am sure the dress alone would have been fine, but I feel like the cardi allows me to feel a bit more conservative.  (My church is a bit more "old fashioned.")

Villa Stripe and Aqua.

Above is the polyvore of the outfit.

I couldn't leave this post without at least showing you one photo from Miami.  Look at Angus smiling at being in the ocean (well, he had just been in the ocean before the photo was taken).  :)

Okay, that's all.

I hope you all have a great day!

P.S. Boden fans, normally I do a blog post on the Review Roundup on Wednesday, but I don't have the time to do so today or even likely at all this week.  So instead I will try to get a blog post up that at least features something from Boden (like an "inspired by Boden" post).  Until then, I want to remind you that Boden is having a sitewide 20% off all women's and Johnnie b items, and 25% off all men's and mini Boden items.  I did a blog post on that yesterday which has direct links to the sale (at the very bottom of the post).