Friday, June 22, 2012

Boden: 40% Off 40!

 Yay for early sales!

Boden decided to roll out some great savings on 40 selected women's items this morning...all of which are 40% off.  Many of these items have been popular, so I was surprised by which ones they picked (I was sure that they would only give those big savings to items that had been proving to be less than stellar sellers).

BTW, often when the clearance sale starts, most items are at the 40% off rate, so I think what they are doing here is giving us a sneak peek of what is to come in a week and a half.  ;)

This sale runs until next Friday, June 29, 2012.
Hurry while supplies last, get select women’s dresses, swimsuits, skirts, shirts and more at 40% off at Bodenusa.com! Shop Now!

Here are my picks from this 40% Off 40 sale:
Straightleg Capris
Straightleg Capris.  Let's start with the practical!  I would definitely pick these up if they had them in my size (looks like a 10 Long if I go by the measurements, I don't know that I could get into the 8 Long) in black.  Maybe it will pop back.  The price is decent for a pair of high quality, well-made pair of pants that can be useful for many years.

Summer Shirt Dress
Summer Shirt Dress.  I have this dress from last year.  I think if this sort of style is your thing, the 40% off can make the price a winner.  (BTW, nursing mommas, the placket is long enough that you can nurse in this dress.)

Notch Neck Shift
Notch Neck Shift.  I own the pink/ivory large floral version and reviewed it here.  This frock seems to be a popular style as they have now had it for a few seasons (including next fall in a short-sleeved version).

Everyday Summer Dress
Everyday Summer Dress.  I own and love the lime green/yellow version.  Very pretty dress at a pretty good price. 

Flirty Silk Dress
Flirty Silk Dress.  This is the only Limited Edition piece to make it into the sale.  I have a crush on the printed version as it is such a delicate, feminine print.  I doubt I will buy this one, but I can see the sale price is very good for what you get.

Leather Biker
Leather Biker.  I have a leather coat from Ann Taylor that I still have, wear, and love.  I figure once you have a leather jacket that works for you, you can hold onto it for years.  I have heard mixed reviews of this particular jacket, but if this particular silhouette works with your body shape, this may just be the right leather topper for you.


Okay, that's it for my picks.  Do you have any picks from this sale?

Also, in order to receive free ship and returns on this sale, you must use a coupon or code that will give you free ship.  The one running in my sidebar and below will work to get you the free ship and returns (you cannot get an additional 15% off though, sigh).  The 15% off will work on any items that are not already reduced, though (at this point only a few items on the site are at "regular" price).