Tuesday, September 25, 2012

J. Crew: Double Cloth Slim Trench Review.

Hey, all.  I have had this trench for a week or so now, but due to my schedule, I am just finally able to publish my review (which will be brief)!

Double Cloth Slim Trench.  Size 6. 

I used to wear a size 8 in all double cloth coats, but as I have lost baby weight throughout the years AND J. Crew has been dipping into the vanity sizing pool, I have gone down to a size 6.  So I would say this is a true to size coat.

The double cloth fabric is one of my favorite fabric types for coats as it is the most versatile for us here in the mid-Atlantic/northern South where our temps get chilly, but never C-O-L-D for days and weeks and months on end. 

The outfit below the double cloth trench is one that I will be discussing tomorrow in the Boden Weekly Review Roundup (which is shaping up to be a big one, btw),  For now, though, the sweater and skirt are Boden, the necklace is the double strand giraffe necklace from J. Crew, and the heels are from Target.

All belted up.  Yes, it's true, you cannot undo the belt and tie it in the back, like I like to do with my normal trench coats.  However, you could do up the belt in reverse in the back (I tried it and it wasn't perfect, but will do in a pinch) OR you could just take the belt out completely, it doesn't look awful like that, fwiw.

I buttoned up the middle button and belted it over that button, so the details of my sweater and necklace could be seen.  I would probably wear it like this the most.

All buttoned up.  The hips were fine, and since I carry my weight there, had that been an issue, I may have needed to do a return.

(I am really glad I didn't have to because I LUUURRRVVE this color so very much.)

From the back.  It is a shorter coat, but the skirt I am wearing is also extra-long.  I would not wear this coat with any dress or skirt that is shorter than this, though, as the proportions would look off.  With jeans or trousers this coat is going to look amazing.

Detail shot of the fabric, button, and belt.  I like that they used a lighter leather color with this shade of pink, looks luxe and just right.

Okay, that's it.  :)

Other reviews of this coat include AJC and Cate O.