Wednesday, December 26, 2012

OOTDs: Festive. One. Two. Three.

Merry Belated Christmas!  Or if you are one of my Canadian or British readers, Happy Boxing Day!

Anyhow, I hope all of you had a lovely holiday.  We definitely took it easy, just a bunch of merriment with the immediate family.  I made a feast last night that turned out pretty well.  I am always wary of being the sole chef for big family dinners, since I tend to believe that something will taste utterly awful, but it all ended up tasting really yummy.  :)  Yay!  I think the combo of a good free range turkey and a fantastic brine helped make the main part of the meal perfect.  (I bought both the turkey and the brine at Whole Foods, for those of you interested.)

The next few days I will be posting my "festive" outfits.  I basically tried to up the volume on my December outfits as a nod to the holiday season.  Lots of sequins, winter white, red, green, and shiny bits everywhere.

I wore this on December 10.  Rex had a school-wide pageant* that I figured I needed to dress up for, but I probably could have worn jeans and a tee and no one would have batted an eye.  (Such is life in the United States, big ole free for all on clothing.)

Whatever.  We also took our Christmas card photo in these outfits (you'll see it soon), so there was an extra reason to dress up.

*I wrote about being annoyed that night at the top of this post. 

I wore this dress last year while pregnant.  This dress fits a bit looser now.  :)

Christmas Card!  Angus is the perfect present.  LOL.

I wore this on December 18 for Rex's second pageant.  The difference between the two pageants is that this second one was just his class, so it was a far more intimate affair.  Way way way less annoying.  (And I cried.  Yes. Cried.  When Rex did his part, he sang it.  I thought he was just going to read lines, but he sang instead.  And with perfect pitch.  I couldn't believe it.  I would love to post the video of him singing, but I can't for privacy reasons--other kids are around him, but it was amazing.  Love proud Momma moments.)

Since it was a Tuesday morning, I knew that I had the preschool run, but wanted to wear a dress for the pageant, so I brought a change of clothes so I could be more comfortable (read: able to nurse) after the show was done.

This dress is comfortable and very soft and easy to wear, but dreadful for breastfeeding.  :)

I last wore it here, and yes, I was pregnant then, too.  (Although I hadn't announced it at that point.) This dress also fits far better now that Angus is in my arms and not in my belly.

After the show, I changed into this outfit, which made nursing easier.  The top has well-secured sequins and is somewhat loose.  The pants are my go-to "comfy but look kind of cool" Pure Collection pants.

The Sixties Heels are on sale, for those of you in love with them.  ;)

(I bring those pants with me whenever I need to change halfway through the day.  Love them.)

My yummy Boucle de Souffle Jacket opened.  (I like wearing this jacket with sequins--here while pregnant, and here when experiencing a major wardrobe mishap a couple of Christmases ago.)

Close-up of the details of the top (this one is from J. Crew Factory).

Okay, that's it.  More festive wear later...

Have a great day!