Tuesday, April 2, 2013

OOTD/Review: J. Crew Merino Tippi Sweater in Tipsy Parsons Print.



Day: Thursday, March 28, 2013.

Where: Bowling.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Outside of the jeans needing to be hitched up once or twice (I bought what I thought was the right size all those years ago but didn't heed the on-line advice to size down by two sizes, ah well), this outfit was very comfortable.

The Tippi sweater didn't itch, and because I did the larger of my two Tippi sizes (the small instead of extra-small), the sweater was long enough to keep me "covered" until my next "hitch-up" session.  ;)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Anything with a bird on it is always cool.  (The abstract print on the Tippi is actually a little birdie right side up and upside down, repeated to infinity!  And beyond!)

But really, not especially cool.  But not especially uncool, either.

Anecdote from the day:  This week was a nail-biter!  (And I am not even being hyperbolic, you all!)

Anyhow, we were against Dottie's team (Dottie is my favorite 93-year old bowler) and every game we played against them was within mere points of winning and/or losing, and we didn't know which team was going to win until the very last minute. 

At one point, I told Dottie's team member to give me some of her magic (after her 7th !!! spare in a row) and she willingly obliged by giving me a high five.  I then got a strike (woo!) and then Dottie walks up to her teammate and says, "enough of giving her your magic, I need some, too!"  LOL.  Love it!

We ended up winning two of the three games, btw.

REVIEW of the Tippi Sweater in Tipsy Parsons Print:
Besides the ridiculous name (seriously stupid), this is an awesome sweater.  As you can see from the photos above the sweater is in the vein of all the darling "critter" sweaters that J. Crew is known for without being cloying.  This means that everyone from SAHMs to CEOs of companies can wear it and not look silly.

It does run big, and the extra-small would have likely fit a bit better, but I love the small since I can wear it with my lower-rise pants and jeans.  It is a bit big through the bustline, but not so huge that it makes you look like you are wearing clothing that belongs to someone else.

The sweater is made from an extremely soft merino wool, and so far there is no pilling. 

Have any of you tried this sweater?  Do you {heart} it as much as I do?

P.S. I am in Ireland right now, so it may be a while before I can get back to you if you ask a question, etc.  :)  I will try to get on-line as I can, but no promises!