Monday, April 22, 2013

OOTDs: Time for Tiny Florals.


I am sure he was telling me something very important here.
Day: Saturday, March 9, 2013.  (So timely!  LOL.)

Where: Sewing Class.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Needed ease for all the bending over my project (see completed skirt here at this post).  The Sarah dress was exactly right for the slightly warm classroom, cool enough to not overheat and because it is a stretchy jersey, much more comfortable than pants and a sweater would have been.

And ballet flats?  Come on, super easy.  :)

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Add five inches to that hemline and bouffant up my hair and you have dinagideon--sister wife.  This dress, while beautiful, is definitely more conservative and requires exactly the right high heel and accessories to take it out of frumps-ville.  (I wore it here last, still conservative, but a bit more edgy with the wedge boots and multi-chain necklace.)

I still felt pretty, though, and I love how the necklace's star pendant is the exact right shade of blue for the dress.

Anecdote from the day:  When I sew, I zone out, it's very "zen."  The only other time I am able to do that is when swimming.  It kind of freaks me out, though.  I will think I have only been working on a sewing project for an hour or so and then look at the clock and realize it has been closer to three.  Do you all do that with the hobbies you love?


Day: Tuesday, March 12, 2013.

Where: Rex's Bible Play.

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I love the Babycord Shirt Dress but find that the bottom three buttons unbutton far too easily, so over the summer I will just sew up the placket from about hip down to the hem and be done with it.  I have read that others are doing similar things, but it still bugs me that we have to do this.  Blegh. 

These tights are super cozy and fit well, unlike the super extra large pair that I bought and wore with this outfit.  The booties (yay for Target!) are awesome and very very comfortable.

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)   Sister Wife--part two.  But I was attending a bible play so it's okay.  *Clearly.*  I don't have to be cool--if I am cool even 10% of the time, I am totally fine with that.  I like the conservative pretty and preppy look a lot, anyhow.  ;)

Anecdote from the day:  Yeah, so Mr. Dina and I couldn't really understand the play because the kids voices didn't really project all that well in the auditorium.  We got the gist of what they were doing and they all look so cute dressed up in their robes, so that's all that really matters, right?

Okay, all, have a happy rest of your Monday!  Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  Sorry for my recent sporadic posting, btw.  As usual, real life has been busy so my virtual self has been placed on the back burner most days.