Monday, June 10, 2013

OOTD/Review: Boden Fabric Mix Dress.

Day: Wednesday, May 29, 2013.

Where:  Winesday.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  The Boden Fabric Mix Dress review is below, but it bears repeating that this dress is stretchy, soft, and comfortable, all while looking like it would be far more unpleasant to wear.  I would even go so far as to say one could wear it to an office with a semi-professional atmosphere and get away with it.

And one more big ole shout-out to my girls, the Greta suede wedges.  I wear them constantly in the summer and they still look lovely and still are super easy on my feet.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  The necklace gifted to me by my sweet NYC friend Marietta is definitely the coolest bit of this outfit.  Second time I have worn this out and about and just like the first time I wore it, I had a ton of people compliment the necklace.  :-) 

I personally think it is cool that this dress looks like a skirt and top combo, but I am kind of cheesy like that.

Anecdote from the day:  We had to bring Angus and CW to Winesday, which isn't ideal.  They were fine, but lemme tell you all, it is way easier drinking wine, picking girls out for my brother, and lol-ing at only things siblings joke about without the rugrats along for the ride.  It seems less appropriate with them there, especially me pimping out my bro.  ;-)



Review:  As I promised in yesterday's post, I am trying to at least get the posts published that I had in the queue last week that feature the Boden dresses that are in the 30% off sale (which I discussed at this post).  I wasn't sure if the fabric mix dress was in the sale, but it turns out that this color is in the sale, since this color is still part of the "current" line.  The other colorways are in clearance, but if you like the other colors, then you are in even better luck since those are a full ten dollars cheaper than this color combo.

I bought this in a size 6 Long and I was totally freaked out that it would be way too tight in the hips, even with the stretchy jersey skirt.  Well, I had no need to fear since the skirt is very stretchy, but also made of a nice heavy fabric, which hides the lumps and bumps better than thinner jersey can.  Had I chosen the 8 Long, it would have been too large on top, and I really must say the fit in the top in the 6 is spot on for my frame (and the extra detailing at the neckline gives my bust more "form").

The one issue I had with this dress is particular to me and my shorter torso/high waistline.  As I have mentioned in the past, my height is in my lower half, if my top half matched my bottom half, I would be 5'4" tall.  This dress does have a bit longer bodice, which most taller women need.  Because this dress has an elastic waistband and a fairly loose silhouette on top, this makes the longer bodice less of an issue for me since it makes it look like the top is supposed to be blousey.  

I do like the fit of the dress, but if you are a bit more shy about your curves, especially on bottom, you may want to size up, even though I prefer the fitted look.  (If you look at the third photo you will see how my hips and bottom curve there in the skirt, and that bothers me not one bit.  There was a time, though, I would have thrown this dress in the return pile because of that curve there.  Since I have become more accepting, even appreciative, of what I have naturally, I wear all my fitted clothes with pride.  Of course if I truly look like a bowling pin, I may be less inclined to show it all off, but I don't see a bowling pin here.)

The colors of this dress are definitely blah, but sometimes a blah colored piece of clothing, in a great design, can really do wonders for the accessories worn with it.  Maybe that is why that necklace got so much attention?  ;-)

Okay, that's it.  Have a fabulous night...we'll talk soon!

P.S. Pure Collection has started their summer clearance sale.  If you are a fan of their line of clothing, now may the time to jump on their offerings.  (Their cashmere is so soft, J. Crew gets a lot of love for theirs, but hands down, Pure is my favorite cashmere purveyor on the planet.  They have a lot of non-cashmere, especially in summer, lovely silks and fine linens are sprinkled alluringly through their collection.)  A direct link is below.