Thursday, December 5, 2013

OOTDs: Coat Weather.

Well look at that, it's Thursday, it's been for-freaking-ever since my last post, today it was in the 70s (!!!), so let's do an ootd post featuring coats.  Why not?

Before I start I wanted to let you all know two things--

1. Boden started another promo today, possibly their last *real* promo before the clearance time comes.  Basically, everything is at least 25% off, with 40 favourites at 40% off.  Included in the 40 are the embellished ballet flats, which I did a review of here.  Anyhow, decent prices for most of the items, and if you had been eyeing something in the 40 favourites, this may be a great time to grab them, especially if you are in the United States and need the items to arrive before Christmas.

2. This post may be my last one for another few days since I am going completely under at an oral surgeon's office to have all four of my wisdom teeth extracted.  Stories of this procedure by my friends range from "oh, I was out of it for a few days" to "I recovered a month later" followed by some horror story about some awful side effect.  Eep.  Since I barely do well with pain, I am anticipating the worst but hoping for the best.  Wish me luck!

Okay, onto the outfits!

.




Day: Wednesday, November 13, 2013.

Where: I did something in the morning but can't remember, however I am 100% certain that I went to Winesday in the second outfit!

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear--for both outfits.)  For all of the sort of fussiness, especially in that second outfit, I was most comfortable, all day.  Big thumbs up for both outfits and plan to try looks like both of these again. 

Some of you have seen the second outfit already, I posted reviews of the Heeled Brogue and the Smithfield Wool Skirt here at this Boden Weekly Review Roundup.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) I felt great.  I wish I could bring it like this every day, but can't.  I'll settle for being happy when it all comes together so well, even if it isn't daily!

Anecdote from the Day:  Should have one, right?  Don't though, but I definitely remember having a great day!


Day: Thursday, November 14, 2013.

Where: Angus's Little Gym class.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  It was comfortable, but those darn shoes fit kind of oddly.  They are very wide throughout except for the part where the toes meet the feet, where they are kind of tight.  I think I've worn them with socks in the past, so I haven't noticed, but at the Little Gym, participants are expected to have bare feet.  Want to give them away, but my friend didn't even take them since she noticed the same thing.  Hum.

Those capri pants are vexing to me.  They fit great, but you can see the downward frown smiles from my crotch which means that either the waist is too big or the rise is too long on the front.  It could be a combo of both.  Whatever.  It's less noticeable with the coat on, but I am bothered enough by it to maybe consider getting rid of them, too, which stinks because I really like the color a lot.

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) Hmm.  Not terribly cool, but the colors sure are yummy.

Anecdote from the Day:  Wow.  Yet another "it was a good day but can't remember much from it" kind of day.  LOL.



Day: Sunday, November 24, 2013.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Well this merino sweater dress from Boden (last fall 2012) is delicious and warm, as is the Ingrid Coat (currently 25% off--if you can catch a popback--review here, btw).  It was SO COLD that day, and windy, too.  And of course we had to be in church the whole time, both Mr. Dina and me since Mr. Dina was officially announcing to the bishop that he wants to be Catholic, so that meant that Angus couldn't just roam around outside with one of us, and even if he could roam with us, we would have to roam with him in the basement.  (My dad happily took him, though, and roamed with him instead.  Thank goodness!)

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I think I failed with the shoes.  Later that night I switched to my Frye heeled boots (see them here), and I think it looked way better.  But maybe the fact I attempted a lighter colored heeled sandal with tights gives a couple points for creativity? Maybe???

Anecdote from the Day:  We rarely go to Sunday morning mass, instead choosing to go to Saturday evening or Sunday late afternoon mass instead.  The kids did not, up till this point, know about the donuts that they serve after mass in the basement.  (I knew about it when we were kids, but that is because my dad is a sucker, ha.)  Now that they know, I think we are sunk.  It's probably okay since more of their school friends go to the morning masses and it may be better for us since we can bribe them with donuts for every mass they attend that they exhibit good behavior.  (Speaking of good behavior--this mass was redonk--nearly one hour and twenty minutes--and there was no peep from either Rex or CW.  I nearly fell over from shock and awe.)

Okay that's it for now.  You all have a great night!

Below is the current promo link for Boden: