Monday, March 10, 2014

OOTDs: Freshpair to the Rescue!





Day: Sunday, March 2, 2014.

Where: Church and then to one of our favorite Peruvian Chicken places and then to (hey--favorite place of all) Harris Teeter.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  You'll read more about Freshpair at the bottom of the post, but I have to say this outfit was SO much more comfortable than it was the first time I wore the dress.  The Spanx Tight-End Tights really did help suck me in *just enough* that the dress went from "ooh...it fits" to "ooh it fits!"  I like my dresses to fit my shape, but I am enough of a prude to not love love love the whole wiggle dress look (on me, love it on others).

I also am super grateful to a reader who read that I had the Maggie jacket in the size 4 and was going to sell it because it was just a touch too small throughout, and was super sad that this pretty coat wouldn't be mine anymore.  She wrote to me and told me I could have hers (for a great price, too, thank you!) in the 6 if I wanted.  I did, and happily bought it from her.  And that, too, helped up the comfort on this outfit.

Hey, I could eat chicken, yucca, and have a coke in this outfit, too, and then go to grocery shop at Harris Teeter, so you all know I am not lying.  ;-)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  Very pretty outfit, but in the middle "cool-wise."

Anecdote from the Day: Um, so the next day we received our fiftieth thousandth snowstorm of the season and we knew we would be unable to go anywhere for an extended period of time, so my hubby insisted we go to the chicken place for lunch.  Then I insisted that we go to the grocery store to get my migraine medication renewed (absolute last thing I want to be without!).  Yeah, great idea, right?  Every flipping person was in that store buying their eggs, bread, water, and butter.  No, they weren't.  Every buggy had a bottle of wine and chips.  LOL.




Day: Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

Where: Ash Wednesday Mass, Mom's Group, and Target.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This time Freshpair's Spanx Tight End Tights weren't needed to suck me in so much as keep me warm and keep my shirt tucked in, which is my "I am so persnickety" clothing pet peeve.  I absolutely loathe wearing button-ups with skirts and having it come untucked throughout the day.  This happens to me a lot since my waistbands are always a bit too big on my skirts, so the shirt doesn't really have anything to keep it in place.  :-P  If you look at the second to last picture, you can see my joy that this worked.  I have tried it before with other tights, but these are *hands down* the best at keeping the shirt tucked in, likely because of the super control top on the Spanx (that also doesn't make my insides feel too squished like super control tops can do).

The Boden booties kept me going, too, even with that little heel.  I love heels that act more like flats. 

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  Well it is a purple gingham shirt for Ash Wednesday (purple is the color for the Lenten season).  But again, somewhere right in the middle.  The skirt is probably the coolest bit of the outfit with its asymmetric hem.  It is also the oldest part of my outfit, I bought it way back in 2003.  Somehow holding onto it has allowed its funky little hem enough time to come "back in," if you will.

Anecdote from the Day: The mass was fine, I went to the kids mass so I could see my children (Peter and I sat with Rex, Grandpa and Mr. Dina sat with CW), and Angus managed to make it to the distribution of the ashes before he decided enough was enough.

The Mom's group was fun, too.  One of the ladies that showed up I knew through the Little Gym, and it took us a while to realize why we knew each other.  :-)  It was nice to see that the world really is pretty tiny, sometimes.

At Target, I found a buggy (sometimes I don't), and made on with my merry way.  A woman saw my ashes on my forehead and inquired where I had got them (she had just moved here) and we got to talking about the church, and eventually I invited her to the Mom's group.  I love that this little group of ours is growing so much!

Freshpair Review: I was contacted by some folks at Freshpair who wanted to see if I would be interested in receiving some of their products (c/o or care of) and after taking a look around at their website and seeing my most favorite bra ever (ever ever--been wearing it for years and years), I knew I had found my people.  I hate shopping for undergarments at Macy's or Target or wherever.  I like to take my time thinking about my purchases and I have found that even when I do attempt the underthings shopping at the store, they *never* have my flipping bra size anyhow, so I go home and sulk most of the time.  (I wear either a 32B, 32C, or 34B, depending on the company.)  I told the people at Freshpair that I would be definitely getting some bras from them on my own, but I would love to try the Spanx Tight End Tights and (you'll see the review for this late) the Jockey Skimmies Short.  I figure since this is a personal style blog and I usually focus on more conservative/modest fashion, doing a review on something that is part of an outfit may be the best way to start off with them.  They agreed and made the process of ordering and receiving the shipment super easy and fast.

The Spanx Tight-End Tights I bought in a size C and fit well out of the box.  At $28 they are an investment, but if you know me, I happily buy well-made tights that I know will last a really long time.  These definitely fit that bill, I have now worn them multiple times (in a span of less than a month) and they have successfully been *delicate* washed and *line* dried and still look as good as new.  The only issue I have?  WHY ARE THEY NOT IN MORE COLORS???  Maybe Freshpair can get them in more colorful shades.  I would happily buy these in all sorts of hues!

Freshpair has free shipping and always has great sales.  I will start placing their ads in my sidebar, and like my other ads, will make sure to rotate them so you are getting the best sale deal.  :-)
Free Shipping on all US orders

Free Shipping to Canada on orders over $50. Automatically applied at checkout.



You all have a great night!!!  Talk soon!

P.S. I know some of you are really into Boden's Nancy Dress.  I took a photo of myself wearing it the only day recently we have had weather that would allow me to try it on and not freeze.  Enjoy!