Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Boden: Catch of the Day! Dresses!


Good Tuesday morning!  We are about to leave for Hollywood Studios today, so I will be *very* brief, but I wanted to let you all know that Boden's catch of the day today is dresses for women (and various other "dressy" clothes for the rest of the family).  Obviously I am a HUGE fan of Boden dresses, so in my archive of Weekly Review Roundups, you will see a lot of dresses on review.  :-)  In fact the most recent review roundup included link to reviews of dresses at my facebook page, and a more in-depth review of one of my most recent favorites, the Darcey Dress.

I have other reviews of current dresses in the queue, but obviously have not done them, but like yesterday, I will quickly go over the pluses and minuses of each below (does not include any dresses that are in the last roundup).

Gingham Shirt Dress
Gingham Shirt Dress.  I chose to purchase the 6 L and this was the right call for my pear shaped frame.  Unlike recent purchases from Boden (like the Nancy Dress--review here and the Selina Dress--review in the roundup above), this is an unlined frock, and there is no pencil skirt (!!!) lining to contend with on a full shaped skirt.  The grey/brown gingham is true to color (on the screen) and is quite preppy and pretty in real life.  My hubby wishes I had purchased the green (he saw the Poppy skirt on me and loved the color), but I have a ton of green dresses, so I just said no to an exchange.  The dress reminds me a lot of the Riviera Shirt Dress, but is not made of a stretchy cotton.  The long hits just below my knees.  One minus is that the plaid does not match at the sides, but I feel like had they done that the costs would have been higher (takes a bit of fabric finagling to get plaid to match up well).

Santorini Sundress
Santorini Sundress.  I fell in love with this, but the olive green color was sold out in my size when I noticed it.  This was obviously not made in vast quantities, so take the pink "low stock" box seriously.  I purchased a size 6 L and it fits very well.  I almost brought it with me on this trip, but decided I would wait and wear it when I came home (I really want all my friends to see it in real life since I know they will be fans).  The price is really great, too, today, since the normal price is a bit steep for the t-shirt material.  That said, it is a dress that could definitely stay in your wardrobe for the long run, so cost per wear will likely be very good.  Also--pockets!  ;-)

Okay, that's all I have for today.  Do you all have any LOVES from today's catch?