Monday, April 7, 2014

OOTDs: Florals and Mosaics.

First, before I get on with the ootds parade, I wanted to direct you to my FB page if you have an interest in seeing some of the Boden summer items on me in person.  I loved a lot of what I received, but I had *major* sizing issues with about half the order.  Sigh.  Anyhow, head on over to this page to see more on that.  Eventually these will all make it to the BWRR, but I want to remind you all that I often can update the facebook page more quickly than I can this blog, so go ahead and "like" the FB page if you want to get the things I do post in your feed.


Day: Saturday, April 4, 2014.

Where: Lunch with my dad and the kids and then to the Little League photo shoot.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) I made the pants so they are very comfortable, but let's be honest here, is anything *really* that comfortable when you are bloated?  (You know whatimean, right, ladies?)  For all of my bloatedness, I was better than I have been in the past, and I credit ohsosoft jersey and wool with keeping me happy in my skin.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) The pants are a great intro pattern (Simplicity 2061) if you have just started sewing knits and would like to try them out with a lot of hand holding.  I will eventually add my review over there, but I am a bit backlogged with that, too, so give it time.  I will say that while I know there are things I could have done better, I did manage well for my first knit pants pattern.  I've had them for a few months now, and although this was the first time they made their public debut, they have been worn about the house a few times. 

I like the styling here, and I love my hair.  I wish if it was going to go all wavy and curly, it would do it. just. like. this. every darn time.  I also upped the makeup because I had extra time on my hands and extra bags under my eyes.  (LOVE YOU, bloating, swak!)
Anecdote from the Day:  The wind was crazy on Saturday.  Although the temperatures said 60, it felt like 45 whenever the wind blew in.  I really should have worn a jacket.  I don't know how Rex survived in his little uniform (no jackets for the pictures).





Day: Sunday, April 6, 2014.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Love this dress (you saw it here ready to go for the auction) so much.  I am so glad I have this in my closet with all its stretchy glory ready for me when I want to look good and feel good, too.  (Yeah, bloating day two continued.  Sigh.)

The Bella jacket in pink is exactly the right shade of pink to work with this dress, but it was a bit scratchy.  I was being sensitive, so you all know.  ;-)

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) Love the styling from neck down, the Accessorize necklace and darling pink belt really worked nicely, as did the Bella jacket, the navy tights, and the wedge heels.  The neck up, though, was were I struggled.  I was sensitive, remember, and was all verklempt that I couldn't get my hair and makeup to cooperate.  My husband assured me I looked pretty, but you know, dramatic Dina kind of won out. 

Anecdote from the Day:  Rex had a visitor called Hoppy this weekend and he was able to take it everywhere he went, including church.  :-)  We are gonna miss Hoppy now that he is going back to his teacher. 


Day: Monday, April 7, 2014.

Where: Harris Teeter (surprise! not!) and the school run.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Bliss!  I may not be *as* bloated as the past two days, but I still am struggling (grr!), but this outfit was so comfortable.  These jersey tunics are beyond amazing and I really wish Boden would make more of them.  They seem to have gone the way of the Fun skirt and are not being issued anymore (wait, I lied, the Everyday Tunic seems to be similar in style and fabric).

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) Decent casual look, and the Mia boots look so cute with the ensemble.  The scarf helps tone down the tunic a bit, too.  The hair, yay!  It is back to being obedient...

Anecdote from the Day:  Won't it ever warm up?  I am so cold and tired and ready for the warmth.  It was rainy and windy and raw today.  Sigh.  At least I was able to get some yummy food from HT (always get their freshly made sushi, their sushi chefs really know what they are doing!).

Okay, that's all for now.  You all have a good night, and stay warm if you are near here.