Sunday, May 18, 2014

Boden: Diminishing Discount Time!


Good morning!

Hope all of you are having a lovely weekend.  :-)

Boden started their current promotion this morning, and of course I am going to tell you all about it.  Anyhow, for any of you who have been shopping Boden for years will know what this promotion is all about, the first few days are at one percentage point off, when that ends, the next percentage point will kick in, and so on until the promo ends.

This time it is for 20% off with free ship and returns until Wednesday, May 21, 2014.  There is a catch, though...you must have $50 or more in your basket to receive this promotion.  This is the first season I have ever seen them do this with the diminishing discount which makes me believe that Boden must be doing fairly well overall...especially since we are nearing the end of the spring/summer season and the big clearance sale is around a month away.  Normally by now Boden has started pushing some bigger discounts our way to ensure their stocks are completely cleared out.  Hmm.

That's great for them, less great for Boden shoppers who loving getting the great Boden items for a great percentage off!

Since it appears that the folks at Boden are happy with sales this season, I wanted to remind you that if you see a pink "low stock" box that means there are five or less of an item.  This means that the item is close to selling out in that size/color.  It also means that the item is unlikely to go for a greater percentage off later in the season, so this 20% off may be your best bet.

Taking dresses for example, you can probably wait for a better percentage off/clearance on the Nancy Dress (review here), the Maya Maxi, the Notch Neck Shift in some of the colors, and the Flowershow Dress.  It appears the Laid Back Dress, the Knot Detail Dress, the Santorini Sundress (review here), the Lovely Linen Dress (review here), and the Gingham Shirt Dress (review to come, see notes below for more info) are going fast and should be bought at the 20% off.

Regarding the Gingham Shirtdress, you should definitely consider this beauty if it is your style and it flatters your shape.  I wore it on Thursday to sub (wore the Nancy Dress the next day to sub, too) and it received so many compliments.  The dress has a silhouette that reminds me of the Riviera Shirt Dress, which I last wore here, but this one has little to no stretch, so it is imperative that you choose the size carefully.  I ended up purchasing the 6L and that worked well for me since I am much smaller on top than on the bottom where the skirt is quite full.  I have to tell you that if you carry any weight on your top half to carefully choose your size since I was definitely feeling like I was at the top measurement for the size 6L.  (The waist fit, but fit just so, an extra half-inch on my waist and I would have had to purchase the 8L.)  I should be able to get another blog post written today (likely tonight) and I will make sure to include ootd photos of the Gingham Shirtdress.

Okay, that's it for now.  Any of you see any items that are must haves at the 20% off?

You can use this link to get to the sale: