Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OOTDs: Knee Socks and Jacket Weather.


Day: Monday, October 20, 2014.

Where:  Little Gym and School Run.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I knew I needed something that I could move in for the Little Gym, but I really didn't want to wear a full on fall outfit, so I dared to wear the (gasp!) knee socks (here at Boden) with a shorter denim skirt.  Of course it was going to be cool enough in the morning to justify a jacket, so I pulled out this lighter weight cashmere one from J. Crew that I bought on ebay (it was a sample piece, only one made, and sold for cheap!).

By the end of the day, I definitely didn't need the jacket any longer, but was still glad I had the Pure Collection cashmere turtleneck to keep me warm.  This year's version of this is here

As comfortable as I felt, though, I would pick that day to wear the skirt...the day the instructor asked us to do some pilates move on our back with one of the balls.  I did it as gracefully as I could, but yoga pants would have made that move a whole lot easier.  Sigh.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I like it, but I have always liked knee socks with shorter skirts.  I think this is a particular style choice, and if you really aren't into it, this isn't gonna be your thing.  But I love quirky preppy, so it works for me. 

These socks come in a pack of three and include a pair with squirrels on them (like on my Hartland dress!).  I hope to wear those out, but I definitely have to be careful on how I style those.  LOL.

Anecdote from the day:  Well, I did a pilates type move in a skirt...that was pretty much the highlight of my day.  I don't really live that exciting of a life.  ;-)


Day: Tuesday, October 21, 2014.

Where:  Bowling, Harris Teeter, and School Run.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Bowling requires me to have even better a range of motion than the Little Gym (Angus *normally* does all the work there), so I knew a skirt was out.  But dang it, I am not completely ready to give up sandals.  I knew it would warm up during the day, just like it did yesterday, so I made the decision to wear the sandals and the short-sleeve top, so I could at least pretend like fall isn't here by the end of the day.

That said, the jacket is pretty lightweight (I found it in the Zara girls section, it's a size 13-14), so I ended up wearing it all day, anyhow. 

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Definitely not the quirky preppy I did yesterday.  :-)  Still like this look, especially the shoes, top, and necklace.  I really want to pattern out this top so I can sew up other versions in some of my fabric in my stash.  I have some beautiful lighter weight fabrics that would look so pretty in this silhouette.  It should be fairly simple to do, just have to sit down and do it.

Anecdote from the day:  Apparently all the bowling ladies know about my sewing success.  The secret got out!  So while I may not be the *best* bowler in the league, I was feeling very loved over my sewing feat.  These are ladies that did learn how to sew when they were younger, so I know they know how much work goes into crafting your own clothes, so I doubly appreciated their kind words.

Okay, that's it for today.

Who's ready for a Boden Weekly Review Roundup?  I think I may be publishing one tomorrow.  If you have a review for me, you can email me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com or you can leave the review at the Boden Reviews tab.

Talk with you all soon!