Monday, January 19, 2015

OOTDs/Review: Millie and a Bomber.


Day: Wednesday, December 31, 2014.

Where:  I know I went somewhere, but I am drawing a blank.  I can assure you it was probably out to eat somewhere, most likely.  I *do* know I wrote this blog post that day, though.  ;-)

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Pretty nice to wear, but I am dinging this outfit for the skirt, since I can only get it on and off by putting it on OVER my head instead of stepping into it like a normal person.  The waistband fits fine at the waist but doesn't stretch enough to get over my hips when I step into the skirt.  Considering how full the skirt is, you wouldn't think that possible, but it is possible, my friends.  Now if you are less curvy on your bottom half, this won't be an issue for you, but if you are blessed with larger hips in relation to your waist, get the size for your waist, but be prepared for putting the skirt on over your head.  Hmph.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) From what I remember, people liked this combo, especially the necklace, but honestly it is very matchy matchy and almost appears a bit crazy old lady.  (Which I don't mind, that is actually what I aspire to be!)

That said, the tunic dress on its own is very cool.  Very short, but nice looking and interesting.  Wasn't feeling the length that day.  Was feeling it back here, though.

Millie Skirt.  Size 6 L.  I did write up a review of it here, but I haven't published any photos of me wearing it until today.

The length is awesome.  Really like where it hits on my leg.  The print is fabulous, too.  I have to hand it to Mr. Boden and co., they really do a British/London print well and every incarnation it seems I fall for it.  I refuse to look up at this blog all the times I have fallen for it, but I do know the only one I returned was a Johnnie b. dress that was super short on me.  BUT I LOVED THE PRINT, dang it!

From the side you can see that is very full throughout the skirt, while the waist is fitted.  This is why I suggested that pears suck it up and order by waist size, since ordering up will only for sure guarantee a huge skirt and possibly a waist that fits too large.  Just my two cents, but I know the 8 or 10 would have been very full on my lower half.

Millie Skirt
Millie Skirt.  Good stocks on all colors, but a few sizes are sold out completely in each color.  (Especially on the smaller and larger ends.  And the longs, as well.)


Crappy quality here of outfit without jacket.  Hello, ancient smart phone!
Day: Monday, January 19, 2014.

Where:  Joann's and Harris Teeter with my stepmom.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  For as tight as these pants appear to be, thanks to a significant spandex percentage, they are so flipping comfortable.  These are stupid super sale at J. Crew for something like $25 (stretch toothpick jeans in arcade wash--size 30 tall--my usual size).  Very much worth the money.  The Nike shoes (Pre Montreal Racer) were also a very inexpensive purchase through another stupid super sale, and as I love my other waffle racers by them so much, it was a no-brainer.  Add the perfect warmth the Johnnie b. bomber jacket gave me (it is in the upper 40s today), I was perfectly happy with how easy this was to wear and run around in.

Cool Factor: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  You all know I massively {{heart}} ladylike dresses and ballet flats and girly accessories, so this outfit is very out of my comfort zone.  I think this outfit looks cool, but I felt a bit out of my element, so to me it was only 90% cool.  ;-)

Bomber Jacket.  Size 13-14.  Johnnie b. consistently fits me size 13-14 for tops.  Every once in a while I will size up to a 15-16 if a top looks especially fitted, but usually the 13-14 fits great.  I am a size 4 or 6 or xs in most of my tops in other brands (32B bust, btw), so if you use me to compare to you when purchasing Johnnie b., bear that in mind.  I also am very short from neck to waist, so the shorter length of a Johnnie b. 13-14 doesn't affect the fit for me at all (this jacket measures 22" in length, fwiw, the 15-16 is an inch and a half longer).

You can see the sleeves are more than long enough on me, and though I am short through the torso, I have very long arms. 

These kind of pockets are difficult to sew, and they have a lovely faux leather piping at the pocket edge.  The jacket is fully lined in a deliciously slippy poly, and the fabric throughout the outer portion is a thick wool/cotton that is felted, so it is good at keeping the chill out.

All in all, this jacket is worth the full price of  $84, so its insanity price of $28 is ridiculous.  I am not even sure we are paying Boden anything to buy this, if anything they are paying us to wear it, lol.  Not quite, but $28 is a SCREAMING deal for what you receive.

The side view shows that the buttons lie nice and flat when closed.  I let my stepmom try it on (she has a 32DD bust, I believe) and it fit her fine, too.  She would look curvier from the side, but I have significant amount of ease through the bustline, so I am not surprised she can wear it, too.

Bomber Jacket
Bomber Jacket.  This is a sell-out.  Only the 15-16 has healthy stocks, but at the $28 price, that could soon change, too.  I am not surprised by how well it is selling at the very low price, especially considering what you receive.

Okay that's it for me today.  I am glad I was able to get these last two clearance reviews published before the Boden "extra percentage off the sale" ends tonight.