Tuesday, March 24, 2015

OOTDs: More Grey. More Casual.

It seems I could sum up Winter 2014/2015 with the words grey and casual.  Not that was my intention, it is just what happened.  I suspect I found I liked the way grey worked with my new red shade of hair, and so I just kept wearing it.  (Surprisingly, light pink seemed to work with the red hair, too.

Anyhow, now that spring is here, I figured it's about time to wrap up the season of grey and casual with one last post of outfits featuring grey and casual.

I also am turning over a new leaf in other ways, too. 

I have decided to get rid of the "cool" rating on my evaluations of outfits.  I think I started that to be a little tongue in cheek about the whole process of dressing up for others, but the joke got a little lost in translation, so I am moving on and nixing that part of my posts. 

I also have decided to join the year 2010 and join Instagram.  I already see I have fifteen followers, have no idea how that even happened, but okay then, lol.  If you want to join me there I have decided it won't be me showing off my outfits, but instead the outfits laid out in some way or another, with a direction to an IRL photo of me wearing it over here at the blog.  I think the pretty people wearing pretty clothing thing is definitely overdone at Instagram, and I cannot compete there at all, so I will let the objects do the work instead.  (I know the objects thing is overdone there, too, but at least I don't do the objects thing here so it is somewhat novel.  Somewhat.

I will follow people on Instagram, no problem.  But please, if you are going to follow me with the hopes that I follow you and then you unfollow me the next day, you know that's weird, right?  So don't do it.  I am too old for that crap.  ;-)

Onto the outfits!


Day: Saturday, March 7, 2015.

Where: Sewing Class.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  The top was more than comfortable, but I forgot it was a pullover and struggled a bit getting it on...then my daft brain went to the buttons on the front (under the bow) and said, "yeah, probably should undo those next time."  Turner pants--brilliant.  SO COMFORTABLE.

Outfit Details:  Eliza Coat (here at Boden), Turner Pants (here at J. Crew).

Anecdote of the Day:  I went out to G Street to go to a sewing class.  It seems that for the past three months anytime I went to G Street Fabrics, it snowed.  Sigh.  I was starting to get a complex.  If it snows when I go in July, we'll know something is up.


Day: Monday, March 9, 2015.

Where:  At home working on this sewing project (while attempting to home school Rex at the same time).

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I am wearing clothes that can be worn outside but are basically pajamas.  Very cozy and great for all the stooping and contortionist poses I need to get into to properly cut and sew up the garments on which I work.

Outfit Details:  None of these are available.

Anecdote of the Day:  Though I am glad I was able to home school Rex rather than him receiving an incomplete for the time he was physically not able to be in school, I found it very challenging teaching him.  It is far easier for me to teach him a classroom environment that at the table/couch.  I tip my hats to all of you successful SAHM/homeschool teachers.  Just because I am a fully certified teacher does not mean it worked well for this situation. 

Day: Wednesday, March 18, 2015.

Where:  Mom's group, a walk with Angus to the mall/Harris Teeter, and the school run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I thought the Reese pants (these are an 8 Tall, which is basically the same size I take in the Turner pants) would be a home run, but they aren't as comfortable as the Turner pant.  They are longer, which is great, but the crotch depth and length isn't the same, and I find my shape suits the Turner more.  I will keep these as they are still awesome, but they are not as super wonderful, blah blah blah.

Amazingly, the Hotchpotch trainers were perfect for the long walk to the mall and the grocery store and then back to the school.  Really glad I chose these.  My mom's group friend really liked them, but she was also in a pair of neon yellow nikes, so she may be a bit biased to color.

Outfit Details:  Tilly Sweater (here at Boden, review here); Reese Pants (here at J. Crew); Hotchpotch Trainers (here at Boden, review here).

Anecdote of the Day:  I love my mom's group, it is wonderful to meet people in the same situation as I am, and because it is through the church, we know we have our beliefs in common, as well.  Plus all the boys are very active and a bit nuts, so all of the moms are real chill about their behavior, which doesn't always happen.  (My favorite being the moms of darling, sweet-tempered little girls who literally have never had the experience of the energy and moxie of the little guys--lol--they always are left struggling to decide whether or not to keep their little girl around that.  And to be honest, if I only had the experience of CW, I might be the same way. But on the flip side, I have friends who had only girls and two may be innocent as all get out, but one of them ends up having more energy and spirit than they boys.)

Hey!  It's the outfit from Instagram.  Shame the photo from the camera was so "off," color-wise (no amount of color correction seemed to help).  Sigh.
Day: Friday, March 20, 2015.

Where:  Substitute Teaching.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This is very sedate for me to wear, but I really just wanted an outfit of neutrals with the emphasis being on the pretty lacy texture of the peplum top and the lovely necklace.  All in all, a great, easy to wear outfit.  The Loft pants fit me especially well, too, need to see if I can replicate those in one of the fabrics I have in my fabric storage.

Outfit Details:  None of the pieces are available.

Anecdote of the Day:  I love subbing the "extras."  You know the "fun" classes like PE, Computer, Art, etc.  That day I was able to be with the little wee ones (including CW) for computer.  The way those kids get transfixed, it is a site to behold.  They literally can't stop moving two seconds before they sit down at the computer, but once the educational site loads, they become as still as a rock. 


Day: Monday, March 23, 2015.

Where:  Little Gym, Harris Teeter, School Run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  It was cold enough to wear a coat, but I didn't photograph it.  Besides the fact that I am pissy that it is late March and I am still wearing a flipping winter coat, this was a perfectly fine outfit for a SAHM day.  I hadn't worn the sweater in a while, and though it is a cotton yarn, it has enough heft to keep me warm. 

Outfit Details:  None of these are available.

Anecdote of the Day:  I receive a text message from Mr. Dina last night wondering where some of the groceries were.  Whoops.  I left the non-perishables in the trunk.  I think he survived, but seemed a bit distressed at the lack of things to feed the children while I was away (I also went to a women's group last night after he got home from work).

Okay, that's it for now.  I have a really great giveaway from a new company to me (and probably you, as well) tomorrow.  Hope you all have a great evening!