Monday, April 24, 2017

Boden: The Classic Shirt Review.

Hi, all!

I think I might be able to do this, publish a few days in a row.  Woo.  Which means I won't be back till July after this run.  LOL.  I kid.

I made the promise above last night in this post.  I decided that with the diminishing discount on, it seemed sensible to do reviews when the savings are actually pretty decent (currently 25% off).

Anyhow, I wore the beach conversational print the Classic Shirt today, and it did what I wanted it to, it helped to lift my spirits on this awful rainy day (and it was the first day back to school, ugh).

The Classic Shirt.  Size 8 Petite.  I really love this print, but my track record with Boden blouses and shirts (not tees) is not that great, with me having to return as often as I keep.  This version, though, is a 100% keep (and it has more to do with fit than the print).  It is a stretchy cotton with darting in the back, and a bit of shaping through the sides.

It is exactly the right length for my torso, which is actually a petite (I am longest through my legs).  I probably could have purchased the 6 petite, but I love how this fits just right through the hips, and a touch of roominess in the shoulders and bust is nothing that bothers me.

I decided on this print after really hating how the Josephine dress fit me, but wanting that print so badly.  (I had purchased the Lola Skirt, and initially thought it didn't fit right, so I thought I would return it, but oops, it actually fits right, I must have had a bad day when I tried it on...never a great idea!)  This print is true to color as what you see at Boden, a very pretty mix of teal, red, pink, and yellow.

So now I have a skirt in the blue version of this print, and this shirt in the white version, but as I have told the world (too many times to count), I am definitely a print girl.  :-)

From the side you can see it fits nicely through the hip area, without being too loose or too tight.  The only thing I wish would be different is the length of the sleeves.  Though I may have a petite torso, my arms are super long.  Oh, well.

And the back view.  This shirt can be tucked into a skirt or pants, but they have to be high-waisted for that to happen.  I'll try it with a skirt tucked in next time I wear it.  These pair of pants have too low of a rise (on me at least) to tuck this shirt in.

The outfit as a whole from today.  I wish J. Crew would reissue these turner pants. They are my jam.  Boo.  But I digress...

Okay, I hope you all had a great Monday, I'll be back with more tomorrow.

Remember to use the code 5N3R to receive the 25% off.
Boden USA